18 January, 2009

My little garden...



Photobucket


I am so excited to have just started my first little garden! I have just planted some kale, broccoli, basil, beets, and lettuce. I haven't done gardening since I was a child, living on a 350 acre farm in the hills of Tennessee... plowing the soil with our horses, spending hours planting rows and rows of every vegetable you could imagine... collecting earth worms, and walking barefoot in the rich black soil. Truly a farm experience that I will remember for the rest of my life! My little garden here is a small one, but its a good start and I plan to expand it so that I can soon harvest fresh, organic veggies daily from my garden! Yum!

Photobucket


I found these awesome vintage milk bottle caps recently and decided to make some funky earrings...I love how they turned out! I've just listed some in my Etsy store... check em' out!

I will leave you with a poem from Rumi:

"In your light I learn how to love.

In your beauty, how to make poems.

You dance inside my chest,

where no one sees you,

but sometimes I do,

and that sight becomes this art."


Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE your milk bottle cap earrings! What a fantastic idea!!!

kiddincat said...

This is a great way to promote blog visits. Yours is nice. Your artwork is wonderful! And how sweet to do 2 prizes! Great job.
Sherelyn Nichol
Sherelyn@aol.com

slide