19 February, 2011

I won... imagine that!

As you know, I recently participated in the final "One World One Heart" event, hosted by the creator Lisa Swiftka... it was amazing, once again! Though I was sad to find out that this would be the final year, I was equally excited when I found that she will be starting a brand new blogger event in 2012 called "Our World Our Art"! So the journey continues!

I announced the winner of my drawing yesterday, and shortly after found that I actually won not ONE, but THREE prizes this year! I was jumping up and down, literally. The first announcement came from Donna, a very talented artist from http://www.adonnathing.com ...bearing the great news that I won her original painting "Tilda"! You can sneak a peak of her painting it here:

eyes from doings of doone on Vimeo.

I already have a special place on my wall especially for this special gift ~ Can't wait to see it in person!

Next, I got an email from Dale just across the ditch in
Australia...She experiments with all manner of textile experiments working on both fabric and paper with her needlefelting machine - her work is so colorful and beautiful! You can visit her at http://downunderdale.blogspot.com/
She made this beautiful wee felt book, with lots of stitching and detail on the outside as well as inside...gorgeous!
owoh2
owoh1
My third surprise "prize" announcement came all the way from the Norwegian Woods! Bibi from Norway hand-made this sheet of deeply etched rubber stamps called Pines Fir Yew! Plus a card made she made using stamps from this sheet, AND a yummy something from Norway (it's sweet, brown, and very addictive .... I have a feeling its chocolate - yum!)
You can visit Bibi HERE and see more of her beautiful work! A very big THANK YOU once again to Donna, Dale and Bibi for 'gifting' me with such amazing prizes! They will be treasured always!


Receive updates, and be the first to see my new work!

No comments:

slide