24 December, 2014

3 years, 6 months & 5 days...

...that's exactly how long it's been since my last post. Wow! I feel my blog has been sitting in the closet getting dusty and it's now time to dust it off and get back into it...it's been long enough.

I guess I'll keep this short and sweet, and just share my latest piece of work.

This is a mini portrait of a dear friend, painted with acrylic paint on a 2"x3" canvas. (yes, it's tiny!) I've been tempted to do a little series of mini works, and have a little obsession with tiny paintings in big chunky frames, so this painting definitely has kicked it off for me. Here is the original photograph I used as reference for my painting (photo by a fellow artist/photographer Abe Samuel Quilling).


...and here is the finished piece.



I will definitely be adding more to this "tiny series" as I go... and this time it won't take years. I'm back :-)




No comments:

slide